Eastern AreaShiraoka City
Ancient Lotus Pond
Around 200 flowers bloom here during the peak season.
Based on analytic results, this flower is an ancient form of the lotus flower. However, its age cannot be specified but is assumed to be a lotus from about 1,200 years ago. The best time to see them is around early July to late July, with the flowers blooming from around 5 in the morning. Since these flowers bloom in the middle of a residential area, please keep quiet when viewing them.
- Tourist spot name
- Ancient Lotus Pond
- 9-4, Shin-Shiraoka, Shiraoka City
- 0480-92-8151 (Shiraoka City Tourism Association)0480-92-8151 (Shiraoka City Tourism Association)
- 0480-92-8151(Shiraoka City Tourism Association)
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
Late June to early August
- Regular holiday
- Public transport
- Get off at the west exit of “Shin-Shiraoka Station” on the JR Tohoku Line and walk for about 10 minutes.
- About 15 minutes from Kuki Interchange of Tohoku Expressway
- Free 4 spaces