Eastern AreaKasukabe City
Metropolital Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel
In hopes of having the role of the “Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel”, a regional flood control facility, understood at a deeper level, we have made our study tours more appealing and have started a new study tour as a second social experiment. In addition to the popular tour of the surge tank, known as the underground shrine, secret passages, pump rooms, and sections for the gas turbine will be opened to the public through 3 different courses. Please experience the grandeur of the “Metropolitan Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel”.
※ Some tours have been canceled due to the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Please check the URL below for details regarding tours and facilities.
Scenery / Landscape Tour / Experience facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Metropolital Area Outer Underground Discharge Channel
- Saita Prefecture Kasukabe Kamikanasaki 720
- 048-747-0281 (Reception for Tours) ※ In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, we are not hosting any tours as of now048-747-0281 (Reception for Tours) ※ In order to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, we are not hosting any tours as of now
- * Participants under junior high school must be accompanied by an adult (up to 5 children per adult)
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 10: 30 ~ 16: 00 (The final end time of the tour is 17:00)
- Regular holiday
- None (Open on Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays) ※On days of maintenance inspection, visits may not be held
- Full of power! Tachikui Experience Course 3,000 yen Search for depth! Pump Proficient Course 2,500 yen Easy to join! Underground Temple Course 1,000 yen
- Public transport
Minami Sakurai Station North Exit・Kasukabe Station East Exit→Aeon Mall Kasukabe Bus (Get off at Ryū-Q Kan)
Minami Sakurai Station North Exit→Kasukabe Community Bus “Haru Bus” (Get off at Ryū-Q Kan)
Walk for about 40 minutes from Minami Sakurai Station North Exit (approximately 3 km)
- Ken-o Expressway: Roughly 30 minutes (about 15 kilometers) from both Satte Interchange and Goka Interchange Tohoku Expressway: Head straight for 30 minutes (about 17 kilometers) from Iwatsuki Interchange to the number 16 national highway in the direction towards Noda Joban Expressway: Head straight for 40 minutes (about 20 kilometers) from Kashiwa Interchange to the number 16 national highway in the direction towards Noda
※ Charter bus (group bus) will be charged 2,000 yen per parking space