Western AreaHigashimatsuyama City
Higashi Matsuyama Botan Garden
The park opened in 1990 as part of spreading “Botan (peony)”, the city’s flower. This is a prominent peony park in the Kanto region with roughly 30,000 square meters of colorful peony blooming from the middle of April to early May, with a “Botan Matsuri (Peony Festival)” taking place at the prime of the peonies blooming.
Furthermore, Hydrangea, Japanese maple, Chimonanthus, a large playground complex, an open lawn, and an observatory can be enjoyed throughout the year.
Parks / Gardens
- Tourist spot name
- Higashi Matsuyama Botan Garden
- Higashimatsuyama Ōtani 1148-1
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 8:30 ~ 17:30 (Fee required during this period)
- Adults 500 yen Elementary・Middle School Students 100 yen Group 300 yen (Adults of more than 20) ＊Fee will be charged only during periods of when peonies are in bloom
- Public transport
- Get out of the East exit of Higashi Matsuyama Station and take the local bus taking the Ōya course and get off at “Higashi Matsuyama Botan-en Minami” and it is a 10 minute walk from there
- About 15 minutes from Higashimatsuyama Interchange of Kan-Etsu Expressway
Regular Cars 330 spaces / Large Cars about 5 spaces