Chichibu AreaNagatoro Town
This is a ropeway installed at an altitude of 497 meters in Mt. Hodōsan, connecting a total length of 832 meters from Sanroku Station to Sanchō Station in 5 minutes. The two gondolas go back and forth between Sanchō Station and Sanroku Station in reverse and are operated under a four-line crossing system. Further, the gondolas’ names: “The Bambi” and “The Monkey I” both originate from the popular Japanese macaque and deer at the small zoo of Mt. Hodōsan.
Scenery / Landscape
- Tourist spot name
- Hodosan Ropeway
- Nagatoromachi Nagatoro 1766
- 0494-66-3421 (Hodo Kōgyō Corporation)0494-66-3421 (Hodo Kōgyō Corporation)
- Home page
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
9: 00 ~ 17: 00
* Operating hours vary depending on the season, so please see the website for details.
- Regular holiday
- Open without holidays ※However, there may be a periodic inspection in order to ensure a safe and pleasant operation (Usually once a year, for a period of about 2 weeks)
- Adults【One Way】490 yen【Round Trip】830 yen Youth 【One Way】250 yen 【Round Trip】420 yen
- Public transport
- Get off at “Nagatoro Station” of the Chichibu Railway and walk for about 15 minutes
- About 25 minutes from "Hanazono" Interchange of Kan-Etsu Expressway, via route the national route 140.