Western AreaKawagoe City
The good old small-time candy stores are lined up at the Yokochō. There were about 70 houses lined up in the beginning of Shōwa, and multiple sweets were produced and wholesaled. As of now, there are about 20 houses that produces and sells contrived cheap sweets such as the mint candy and Kintaro candy, which provides a nostalgic feel and allows both, adults and children to enjoy having the mind of a child. It is also selected as the Ministry of Environment’s “The 100 Best Scented Sceneries”.
Scenery / Landscape Restaurants Sweets
- Tourist spot name
- Kashiya Yokocho
- Kawagoe Motomachi 2 Chome
- 049-222-5566 (Kawagoe-City Station Tourist Information Office)049-222-5566 (Kawagoe-City Station Tourist Information Office)
- 049-222-5051（Kawagoe-City Station Tourist Information Office)
Business hours / Fee
- Regular holiday
- Regular holidays will differ depending on the store.
- Public transport
・Get off at “Kawagoe Station” of JR・Tobu Tojo Line and at the bus stop “Kashiya Yokocho” and you will reach your destination shortly.
・Get off at “Honkawagoe Station” of the Seibu Shinjuku Line and walk for about 15 minutes.
- About 20 minutes from "Kawagoe" Interchange of Kan-Etsu Expressway