Western AreaOgawa Town
Saitama Traditional Crafts Hall
Displaying Saitama prefecture’s traditional handicrafts of 20 different production districts, 30 items. At the traditional Japanese workshop within the building, you can view the techniques of the paper making craftsmen and actually try it out.
At the “Roadside station Ogawamachi” established as an annex, vegetables of local and organic farmers, local brew, dishes, sweets are sold. With the “Noodle Workshop Katakuri” attached, you can eat handmade udon made with 100% locally produced flour, making this a facility where you can tour, experience, and shop while enjoying your entire day.
Historical and Cultural facilities Tour / Experience facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Saitama Traditional Crafts Hall
- Hiki District Ogawamachi Ogawa 1220
- Home page
- Exhibition room, gallery, video exhibition room, facility for crafts of village products, restaurant, Michi-no Station sales office, event hall
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 9:30 ~ 17:00 (Entry is until 16:30・papermaking is until 15:00)
- Regular holiday
- Monday (If it is a holiday, then the following day) The following day after a holiday (Open if it is a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday) New Year's Holiday
- Admission Fee: 300 yen for those older than high school (200 yen), Elementary・Middle School Students 150 yen (100 yen) ※The price indicated within the brackets are for groups containing more than 20 people.
- Public transport
- Take the bus “Ogawa Park Hill Iki” from “Ogawamachi Station” of Tobu Tojo Line・JR Hachiko Line and get off at “Dentoukougeikaikanmae”
- 10 minutes via car from "Ranzan・Ogawa Interchange" of Kan-Etsu Expressway
- 100 spaces