Central AreaOkegawa City
Benibana (Safflower museum)
This cultural facility is a renovated private house built in the late Meiji era.
Here you can partake in various workshops such as pottery and soba noodle making. The best time to see the safflower is from late to mid-June, and the steamed safflower buns available are popular as a souvenir. Furthermore, there is a restaurant where you can enjoy handmade udon noodles made from 100% local flour. Enjoy Okegawa both with your eyes and your tastebuds!
- Tourist spot name
- Benibana (Safflower museum)
- 419.1 Kano, Okegawa City, Saitama Prefecture
- Home page
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- Japanese-style room, away, etc. 9: 00-21: 30 / Front yard, courtyard 9: 00-20: 00
- Regular holiday
- every Monday, December 29th-January 3rd
- Public transport
Transfer to the City Loop bus from Okegawa station at the JR Takasaki line.
・East(Higashi) 20, Okegawa Danchi course. Get off at "East(Higashi) 43 Benihana Furusato-kan."
・East exit, take the Asahi bus bound for "Shoubushako," get off at "Tenjin Iriguchi" and walk for about 7 minutes.
- About 2 minutes by car from "Okegawa Kano IC" on the Ken-O Expressway, About 20 minutes by car from "Okegawa Kitamoto IC" on the Ken-O Expressway