Northern AreaKumagaya City
Katakura Silk Commemorative Museum
The Katakura Silk Commemorative Museum is built in the cocoon warehouse of the Kumagaya Factory, the last silk manufacturing plant of Katakura Industries, and has been recognized as a Heritage of Industrial Modernization by the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry. To preserve and pass on the 121-year history of the company's silk production, the museum displays the machinery used to produce silk at the Kumagaya Factory, and you can follow the entire process from cocoons to raw silk.
Historical and Cultural facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Katakura Silk Commemorative Museum
- 2-135 Hongoku, Kumagaya-shi, Saitama 360-0815 (Inside Aeon Kumagaya store)
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 10:00～17:00（Entrance closes at 16:30）
- Regular holiday
- Every Monday and Tuesday. Also closed certain days during the summer and the New Year's holiday. Might also be closed for other irregular reasons.
- Public transport
- JR Jouetsu/Hokuriku Shinkansen, Takasaki Line, Chichibu Railway, 15 min walk from Kumagaya Station. Chichibu Railway, 7 min walk from Kami-Kumagaya Station.
- Approximately 15 kilometer from Kan-etsu Expressway Haazono IC and Higashimatsuyama IC.