Northern AreaKumagaya City
Muzeum pamięci Ogino Ginkgo
Muzeum pamięci Ogino Ginkgo is a Japanese-style building divided into an exhibition room and a lounge area. The building has a tiled roof and plastered walls partly covered in wooden siding, which resembles the Nagaya-mon gate of Ginko Ogino's birthplace. Ginko Ogino is one of the three great historical figures of Saitama Prefecture. She passed the medical practice examination in 1885 and became the first officially licensed female doctor in Japan.
Historical and Cultural facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Muzeum pamięci Ogino Ginkgo
- 581-1 Tawarase, Kumagaya City
- Home page
- http //oginoginkokinenkan.com/
Business hours / Fee
- Business hours
- 9:00 - 17:00
- Regular holiday
- Monday (If Monday is a public holiday, the next day will be closed instead)/New Year's holiday
- Public transport
- Take the bus bound for Kuzuhada (Kokusai Juoh Kotsu Co., Ltd.) from the No. 3 bus stop at the front exit of JR Kumagaya Station. 20 min walk from the Kuzuwada bus stop.
- Get off the Kan-etsu Expressway at Higashmatsuyama IC and follow prefectural/national road 407 for another 30 kilometers. You can also get off at Hanazono IC and follow national road 140 or 407 for about 25 kilometers.
- 10 parking slots. (For larger buses, refer to the Kasenjiki (riverside) parking lot)