Northern AreaKamisato Town
Battle of Kanagawa (battleground)
This location is the site of the battle of Kanagawa, the largest field battle to have taken place in the Kanto region.
The battle was between Takigawa Kazumasu, lord of Ueno's Maebashi (or Mayabashi) Castle, and Hojo Ujikuni, lord of Musashi's Hachigata Castle, and Hojo Ujinao, lord of Odawara Castle. It took place between the 18th and 19th of June in the year 1582 at the Kanagawa River on the border between Musashi (Currently part of Tokyo, Saitama, and Kanagawa Prefecture) and Ueno (Currently Gunma Prefecture).
The battle is also known as the "Battle of Kanakubo-hara" due to that the fierce battle was fought in and around Kanakubo and Bisado areas of Kamisato-town.
Historical and Cultural facilities
- Tourist spot name
- Battle of Kanagawa (battleground)
- Teshigawara, Kamisato Town
- 0495-35-1221（Kamisato Town Hall）0495-35-1221（Kamisato Town Hall）
- 0495-33-2429（Kamisato Town Hall）
- Home page
Business hours / Fee
- Public transport
- About 10 minutes by taxi (3.3km) from "Jimbohara Station" on the JR Takasaki Line
- About 5 minutes (1.8km) from Kamisato Smart IC on the Kan-Etsu Expressway